Since its commencement in 2019, the PM Kisan program has paid out more than Rs 2.24 lakh crore to qualified farmers, offering them income support of Rs 6,000 per year. During the pandemic, the government gave out Rs. 1.75 lakh crore to help farmers. A total of Rs 53,600 crore was given to more than 30 million women farmers.
The Central Government’s ambitious Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana provides farmers with 6,000 rupees per year in financial assistance. Three payments totalling this sum are made. Releases of one instalment happen every four months. So, let’s know more about PM Kisan gov in registration.
What is PM Kisan or Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana?
PM Kisan is a farmer welfare scheme of the Government of India. The PM Kisan scheme was launched in December 2018. PM Kisan is a minimum income support scheme. Under this, financial assistance of Rs 6,000 is given to eligible farmer families. The primary objective of PM Kisan is to give some financial support to small and marginal farmers at the end of each crop cycle.
Under PM Kisan, this financial assistance is released in three equal instalments. Husband, wife, and minor children will be considered as a family in PM Kisan Yojana. The identification of eligible farmers under PM Kisan is done by the respective State Governments and Union Territories (UTs).
The financial assistance received under PM Kisan is sent directly to the bank account of the beneficiary using the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) system. This brings transparency.
However, not all landlord farmers are part of the PM Kisan scheme. The government of India has set several criteria so that only eligible farmers get assistance.
Purpose of PM Kisan Yojana:
The PM Kisan Samman Nidhi List’s primary goal is to transparently provide information about the program to the nation’s enrolled farmers. so that there are no issues for the farmers when checking their names on the list.
The Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare has made the process for viewing the list available via the portal to give farmers better amenities.
The PM Kisan Yojana will soon transfer the 14th installation’s funds to farmers’ bank accounts in May or June.
Features of PM Kisan Yojana:
- This is a welfare scheme for the farmer citizens of the country.
- All types of services related to PM Kisan Yojana have been made available in the portal.
- The central government scheme for the farmers is working from 1 December 2018. Under which the amount of the first instalment was transferred to the farmers’ account in February 2019.
- In 1 year, an amount of Rs. 2 thousand is transferred to the farmers’ account every four months.
- More than 12 crore farmer citizens of the country are registered in this scheme.
- So far, an amount of 26 thousand rupees has been transferred to the farmer citizens in their bank accounts by the central government in the form of 13 instalments.
- Now soon the amount of the fourteenth installment will be sent to the bank account of the farmers.
What is Eligibility For PM Kisan?
Every government program has a set of eligibility requirements that must be met before the beneficiary can get their benefits. The PM Kisan Yojana would only assist Indian nationals who are small and marginal farmers. In addition, all landowner farmer families who own arable land in their names are qualified to receive benefits under the program. Here are some of the qualifications.
The beneficiary seeking financial assistance must be a resident of India.
- Small and marginal farming families make up these applicants. A farmer’s family comprises of his wife, their small children, and themselves. A spouse, child, or husband cannot make a separate claim for benefits.
- The farmer family only has a maximum of 2 hectares of arable land that can be used for farming. Different revenue villages shall have a combined land area of no more than 2 hectares. Both urban and rural areas are possible locations for the land.
- This plan does not apply to those who work for the government or who are subject to income tax. However, some people do not cultivate their property but are still eligible to benefit from this program.
- Those working as multitasking or class IV employees can register themselves under this.
- The advantages of this plan would not apply to someone who used the cultivable land for something else.
- Even if a farmer leaves his arable land fallow without cultivating it, he will not gain from this plan. Even though this plan will be offered to farmed land, villages, and cities, both will benefit from it.
- They will be eligible for this benefit if a recipient farmer passes away and his land is transferred to the family members’ names.
What is Ineligibility For PM Kisan?
Apart from this, the following people will not be eligible for this scheme
Those citizens of India who come in the following lists cannot take advantage of this scheme-
- Holders of Institutional Land
- Bearers of constitutional positions both past and present
- Former and current ministers and secretaries of state, Rajya Sabha, state legislatures, members of the Lok Sabha, and state legislative councils, as well as past and current district panchayat chairs and mayors of local governments.
- All officers and staff members of Central and State Government Ministries, Offices, Departments, and Attached Offices, as well as their field affiliates, and Autonomous Institutions, whether they are currently employed or have retired. Regular government and local government personnel (apart from multitasking staff, Class IV, and Group D employees)
- All superannuated/retired pensioners (apart from Multi Tasking Staff, Class IV, and Group D personnel of the upper group) whose monthly pension is Rs. 10,000 or more
- Individuals who paid income tax in the most recent fiscal year
- Professionally licensed businessmen, engineers, lawyers, Chartered Accountants, and architects.
PM Kisan Gov in Registration: How To Do It?
If farmer brothers want to take advantage of PM Kisan Yojana, then first of all they have to register themselves under this scheme. The process of registration is quite easy. For this, you have to go to the official website of PM Yojana https://pmkisan.gov.in/. Here you can register your name in the scheme after selecting the option of New Farmer Registration in the Farmers Corner.
Clicking this will complete the registration process
On the other hand, if the farmer wishes, he can also register for the PM farmer sitting at home through the mobile app. Farmers can also collect information about brother payments through this app. PM Kisan GoI Mobile App has been launched by the Central Government. Farmer Brother has to click on New Farmer Registration in this app. After which they have to enter their Aadhaar number and captcha code.
After doing this process, an application form will open in front of the farmer brothers. After this, the farmers will have to fill in all the information asked. In the end, there will be a submit button, which has to be clicked after filling out the application form completely and correctly. Clicking this will complete the Kisan registration process.
Please note that while registering for PM Kisan, the farmer brothers will be asked for citizenship certificates, land papers, and bank account details. E-KYC is also mandatory for farmers to register in this scheme.
For enrollment of eligible farmers in the PM Kisan scheme, the Government of India has given an online facility for the registration of new farmers. Follow the mentioned steps to register on the PM Kisan website. See the steps below…
Go to the website of PM Kisan Yojana or PM Kisan https://pmkisan.gov.in/.
Click on ‘New Farmer Registration’ given in the Farmers Corner panel on the right-side panel.
This window will open as soon as you click on the button.
In this form, you need to fill in the following details-
- Rural Farmer Registration / Urban Farmer Registration
- Aadhaar number
- Mobile number
- Captcha code
- OTP received on the mobile number
It is to be noted that the Aadhaar number will be authenticated by UIDAI. Registration will happen only after Aadhaar authentication by UIDAI. After the completion of authentication, you will be able to register for PM Kisan.
How To Check PM Kisan Beneficiary Status Online:
After registering for PM Kisan Yojana, you will be able to check the application status online. To know the status of PM Kisan online, follow the mentioned steps…
Go to the official website of PM Kisan https://pmkisan.gov.in/.
Click on the ‘Beneficiary Status’ tab given in the Farmers Corner panel.
On clicking this window will open.
There are two options mobile number or registration number to know PM Kisan Beneficiary Status online.
Choose any one of the following – By Mobile number or by Registration Number
Enter the selected value.
Enter the captcha code.
Click on the ‘Get Data’ button.
The PM Kisan beneficiary status will be displayed on the screen.
How To Check PM Kisan Beneficiaries List Online?
Apart from PM Kisan Status, the government has also provided the facility to view PM Kisan Beneficiary List online. The list of beneficiaries of PM Kisan is prepared state-wise. After scrutiny by the State Governments, the list of beneficiaries of PM Kisan is prepared by the designated officers. Ineligible candidates are removed from the list of beneficiaries of PM Kisan so that only eligible farmers get the benefit
To view the list of beneficiaries of PM Kisan, follow the steps given below
Go to the official website of PM Kisan (PM Kisan gov in).
Click on the ‘Beneficiary List’ tab under the Farmers Corner section.
After clicking, the following window will open.
Fill in the details like State, District, Sub District, Block, and Village.
After selecting the details from the drop-down, click on the ‘Get Report’ button. The beneficiary list of PM Kisan will be displayed in the following format
Kisan Samman Nidhi eKYC Online:
Recently, the Central Government has made it necessary for all the beneficiaries covered under Kisan Samman Nidhi to do eKYC first to get the benefit. If you are also an eligible farmer and want to do eKYC for PM Kisan Yojana. Then you have to follow the given procedure
- First of all, you go to the official website of PM Kisan Yojana List.
- On the official website, you will see an option called eKYC in the farmer’s corner.
- Click on this option and open a new web page.
- After this, fill in the information sought (Aadhar Card Number) and click on the
- Search Option by filling in the Aadhar card number.
- After this, the beneficiary data will open in front of you.
- Now fill in all the requested information correctly and click on the submit button.
- In this way, your KYC will be completed under PM Kisan Yojana.
- E KYC mandatory for Kisan Samman Nidhi.
The government has mandated that anyone on the Kisan Samman Nidhi list update their e-KYC. The Central Government has released instructions for updating e-KYC. In December, letters were sent by the federal government to every state government. All the beneficiaries’ updated e-KYC information was submitted. The district agriculture officials had received letters from all the state governments asking them to update the eKYC of all the beneficiaries. The agriculture officers spread information to the farmers.
In this regard, instructions have been given to all farmer advisors, and agriculture coordinators to provide information about e-KYC updating among farmers.
- PM Kisan EKYC can be updated through the biometric system at the Common Service Center.
- Apart from this, the beneficiary can also update the e-KYC by logging on to the department’s portal from his mobile.
- If e-KYC is not updated by the farmers on time, then they will not be provided the benefit of this scheme.
What are the Documents Required for Registration in PM Kisan?
Under the PM Kisan Scheme, the central government helps the farmers and assists Rs 6000 to eligible farmers. This assistance is given to farmers to help them purchase crop seeds, fertilizers, and other inputs needed to grow their crops. The following documents are required to apply for PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana or PM Kisan Yojana.
- Aadhar card
- Proof of Residence/Citizenship
- Land title documents
- Bank account details of the applying farmer
What is Necessary to Get the 14th Installment?
To get the money for the PM Kisan 14th instalment of PM Kisan Samman Nidhi, every farmer will have to verify his account through e-KYC. Registered farmers of the central sector scheme have been informed about doing KYC on the PM Kisan Portal. Farmers can opt for OTP-based KYC or can also get biometric-based KYC done. This process can be completed through PM Kisan Portal or the nearest CSC centre.
PM Kisan Yojana is one of the most popular farmer welfare schemes in India. You can check PM Kisan’s status or PM Kisan’s beneficiary’s status online through the website. PM Kisan Yojana will work to increase the income of small and marginal farmers in India.